Hej alla, hello everyone!
How is everyone? Sorry for abandoning you so shamefully – Sweden is exciting and I have been spending my time walking around and visiting a masterclass for classical music and great concerts as well as marveling at the midnight sun. Life is wonderful!
… since my beauty brain doesn’t stop just because I’m on vacation, and I wanted to share my skin care thoughts and experiences with you. I hope you enjoy these tiny Sweden-fuelled beauty snatches
- The mosquitos here are evil! They are huge, come in swarms and their bites hurt bad. My boyfriend, who is teaching a masterclass here, had a student whose eye was swollen from a mosquito bite. He asked me to recommend something, so I handed him my Figs & Rouge Tea Tree and Pepperming Balm (due to its coconut oil content) – the student’s eye was back to normal just 20minutes later, haven’t seen my Figs & Rouge Balm ever since…
- There have been some rainy days during which I stayed inside and read “Absolute Beauty”, Pratima Raichur‘s book on Ayurveda and skin care. Not only is the book fantastic, but I found out that my current Pitta imbalance screams for lavender and sandalwood essential oils – and there I had my explanation why I couldn’t be without my Dr. Hauschka Lavender and Sandalwood Balm…
- As I have lost my Figs & Rouge Balm to mosquito victims, I have been forced to use pure coconut oil for my own mosquito wounds. Have I said before just how much I love coconut oil? The mosquito bites are practically gone 5min after application, no itching, no rashes, unbelievable!
- On an culinary note, I am trying to ween myself off sugar, which is a brutal task but always makes me feel better. I’m 72 hours in, my skin has cleared up, I have less food cravings and get up better in the mornings, even though I don’t bring myself to eat until well in the late morning. Have you ever tried to stop eating (so much/refined/all) sugar? What are your experiences? Did you stop eating sweets entirely?
- Ayurveda is my new found passion. What a wise art of healing, not only regarding skin care and beauty, but also regarding nutrition, relaxation and practically every part of everyday’s life.
Let me know hoe you are, chat with me in the comment section below or on facebook!
Swedish Impressions via http://plumprettysugar.blogspot.se/